Current Employment Listings
Structural Engineer – Gartley & Dorsky
Gartley & Dorsky Engineering & Surveying (G&D) is seeking a motivated, team-oriented individual to join our structural team. The ideal candidate will have a BS/MS degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering with a concentration in Structures.
The successful candidate will join G&D’s multidisciplinary firm, working closely with our 2 structural PEs, structural drafter and 20+ other licensed professionals and staff. The structural team provides comprehensive structural engineering services, including structural analysis, design, field inspections, reports, construction documents, construction administration, project management and other related tasks. Our structural projects are extremely varied. Wood design knowledge and sound professional judgment are essential.
Primary responsibilities include project management, field work, structural analysis and design. Excellent communication skills and organization are required, along with an ability to juggle numerous projects at once.
This is a full-time position with benefits in Camden, Maine, an outstanding place for those who appreciate the outdoors and value work-life balance. FMI on Gartley & Dorsky go to www.gartleydorsky.com. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Carmen Bombeke at email@example.com.
Posted March 7, 2022
Senior Structural Engineer – Commercial Building Design
Base Design Group, Inc. – Portland, ME
Base Design Group is offering an opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our team. Ideal individual will be a motivated, growth orientated professional that possesses a strong attention to detail and is proficient in all aspects of commercial building design. You will have the ability to work on a variety of project types with a particular focus on retail, office and multi-family housing/mixed-use structures. A high level of professionalism, work ethic and technical capabilities are necessary. Above all else, we want a person of great character with honesty and integrity that is excited to bring their unique experience and capabilities to our growing firm. This position will provide opportunity for future advancement into management and leadership positions within our firm.
- Work directly with architects, contractors and sub-contractors.
- Work closely with the firm’s leadership.
- Provide project estimates, write engineering proposals and negotiate engineering contracts.
- Perform structural analysis and design for all aspects of commercial building design, including steel, concrete, masonry and wood structural systems.
- Perform independent peer reviews of drawings and calculations done by other team members.
- Provide site observations and field reports of in-progress construction for structural systems designed by the firm.
- Represent the firm at project coordination meetings.
- BSCE with structural concentration from an ABET-accredited engineering program required (MSCE preferred).
- PE license required with the ability to obtain multiple state licenses through comity.
- 10+ years of structural engineering design experience for commercial building construction in a consulting engineering design firm setting.
- Familiarity with design codes and standards such as IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, ACI 318 and AISI.
- Understanding of the roles & responsibilities within the project delivery and construction administration processes for commercial building projects.
- Experienced in the design of structural steel, concrete, masonry and wood structures.
- Experience in the design of cold-formed steel structures and assemblies is a plus.
- Proficiency with structural analysis software such as RAM, Tekla, RISA and similar programs.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Ability to effectively work on and manage multiple projects and clients concurrently.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Strong leadership ability and interest in contributing to the firm’s continued development.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401k with company match, paid time off and paid volunteer time. Professional advisory services accompany our benefits plans to ensure plans are fully understood and tailored to each individual’s unique situation.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call. We can’t wait to see how you can help us grow!
Posted December 6, 2021
Structural Engineer – Lincoln Haney Engineering Associates
Structural engineering consulting firm established in 1984
has an immediate opening for a licensed
Professional Engineer w/ BSCE and a minimum of 5 years
of structural experience focused on building structures. Professional licensure preferred.
Applicants must have solid technical knowledge
and strong verbal and writing skills.
Lincoln/Haney Engineering offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that including health insurance and a Simple IRA plan with a company match.
We offer a diverse range of projects working for architects, building owners, contractors, and government agencies.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and resume to Michael Cunningham at email@example.com
LINCOLN/HANEY ENGINEERING ASSOCIATES
14 Maine Street, Suite 306A, Box 7
Brunswick, ME 04011
Posted December 6, 2021
Senior Structural Engineer – Colby Company LLC
Colby Company LLC is currently hiring a Senior Structural Engineer to join their multi-disciplinary design firm. We have registered Professional Engineers in the Electrical, Mechanical, Fire Protection, Structural and Civil fields as well as an experienced group of Architects and Architectural Designers. We provide designs for new projects and renovations with estimated construction costs ranging from $50,000 to $90,000,000. Colby Co. was named to the 2018, 2019 and 2020 “Best Places to Work in Maine” lists, ranking #3 in the Small Business Category. The successful candidate should have a proven track record of design, quality control and construction administration. In addition to an outstanding technical skillset, s/he should be a flexible problem-solver who is accustomed to working in fluid teams on tight deadlines.
- Research, plan and design a variety of building and industrial projects
- Prepare code compliant plans and coordinate drawings for a broad range of designs utilizing reinforced concrete, structural steel, masonry and wood framing systems
- Serve as a Senior Engineer on multidisciplinary design teams
- Collaborate with the all disciplines to prepare presentations and produce documents from schematic design through to the construction phase
- Mentor junior engineers
- Conduct and document site visits, process submittals, substitution requests, and RFI’s during construction
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Experience with RISA 3D, STADD and/or other structural analysis software
- Experience with Building Design
- Familiarity with Government clients: GSA, Post Office, ACOE, NAVFAC
- BS in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer License a plus
- 10+ years of building and industrial experience in a consulting engineering design firm setting desired
In addition to a comprehensive insurance and retirement benefits package, Colby Co. offers two paid volunteer days a year, paid educational reimbursement, summer hours, paid time off (PTO), flex time, and company outings.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Colby Company LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Posted January 11, 2021
No Further Listings
Post your company’s employment opportunities on the SEAM website! Employment ads should be no more than 200 words. Small images may be included. Some restrictions apply. Ads are free for members and $35/month for non-members. Please contact us to post an employment listing.