Current Employment Listings
Senior Structural Engineer – Colby Company LLC
Colby Company LLC is currently hiring a Senior Structural Engineer to join their multi-disciplinary design firm. We have registered Professional Engineers in the Electrical, Mechanical, Fire Protection, Structural and Civil fields as well as an experienced group of Architects and Architectural Designers. We provide designs for new projects and renovations with estimated construction costs ranging from $50,000 to $90,000,000. Colby Co. was named to the 2018, 2019 and 2020 “Best Places to Work in Maine” lists, ranking #3 in the Small Business Category. The successful candidate should have a proven track record of design, quality control and construction administration. In addition to an outstanding technical skillset, s/he should be a flexible problem-solver who is accustomed to working in fluid teams on tight deadlines.
- Research, plan and design a variety of building and industrial projects
- Prepare code compliant plans and coordinate drawings for a broad range of designs utilizing reinforced concrete, structural steel, masonry and wood framing systems
- Serve as a Senior Engineer on multidisciplinary design teams
- Collaborate with the all disciplines to prepare presentations and produce documents from schematic design through to the construction phase
- Mentor junior engineers
- Conduct and document site visits, process submittals, substitution requests, and RFI’s during construction
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Experience with RISA 3D, STADD and/or other structural analysis software
- Experience with Building Design
- Familiarity with Government clients: GSA, Post Office, ACOE, NAVFAC
- BS in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer License a plus
- 10+ years of building and industrial experience in a consulting engineering design firm setting desired
In addition to a comprehensive insurance and retirement benefits package, Colby Co. offers two paid volunteer days a year, paid educational reimbursement, summer hours, paid time off (PTO), flex time, and company outings.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Colby Company LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Posted January 11, 2021
Structural Project Engineer – Wright-Pierce
Location: Portland, ME
Type: Full Time
Wright-Pierce, an award-winning, multi-discipline environmental engineering firm specializing in water, wastewater and civil infrastructure, is seeking a Structural Project Engineer to join our company. The position entails a wide variety of challenging structural design projects requiring unique and creative approaches.
- Responsible for all aspects of Structural Design for assigned projects from preliminary design through construction for water/wastewater treatment and Civil/Industrial infrastructure facilities
- Work with other disciplines to produce a fully coordinated project
- Work includes preparation of: studies, reports, plans, cost estimates, specifications for bidding and construction, review shop drawings
- Perform field visits to review contractor’s work and resolve field related issue
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Personal organization and time management skills
- Ability to build strong relationship with coworkers
- Ability to work with others in multiple offices through the use of Skype
- 0-4 years of experience, preferably in the water/wastewater field
- Experience using AutoCAD required
- Revit experience considered a plus
- Engineer in Training Certification preferred
- B.S. Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Portland, ME
- Topsham, ME
- Portsmouth, NH
Equal Employment Opportunity
Wright-Pierce is an EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, religion, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Posted October 12, 2020
Structural Engineer – Structural Integrity
Structural Integrity Consulting Engineers, Inc. is adding to our structural engineering team. We are seeking n Structural Engineer to complement our building design team. We serve a strong client base throughout Maine and New England who value our expertise and commitment to delivering excellent results with a focus on constructability, the environment and construction costs. We work on all size projects from small scale construction budgets to larger projects with budgets over 50 million dollars.
As a part of our team, you will assist our engineers and designers in analyzing and designing foundations, buildings and other structures consisting of steel, concrete, masonry, wood and other materials. Other duties include developing analytical models, reports, plans, details, and engineering documents using primarily RISA, CAD and Revit software.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited University with emphasis in Structural Engineering
- the ability to work individually or collaboratively with other team members and clients organizational, communication, and computer skills
- the ability to travel (on a limited basis) for site visits and meetings as needed
- working knowledge of basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft, AutoCAD, etc.)
- previous internship, Co-op or construction experience is preferred.
- We offer competitive compensation including base salary, yearly bonuses, and a competitive
- benefits package.
- Benefits include paid health insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays, retirement plan with
- employee matching and summer flex time.
To be considered for this position, submit your resume to: email@example.com
Posted October 12, 2020
Practice Area Leader – Commercial Building Design
Base Design Group, Inc. – Portland, ME
Base Design Group continues to grow and is excited to offer the immediate opportunity for a structural engineering leadership position in its Portland, ME office. Base Design Group is a full-service structural engineering consulting firm providing design, analysis and evaluation of buildings throughout the eastern U.S. We are seeking a motivated, growth oriented professional with a strong attention to detail to lead our commercial building design practice area. This position is for a fully qualified professional and will afford the successful candidate a unique opportunity to become a key part of our firm’s management team. Project types and markets include mixed use, multi-family housing, function facilities, retail, office, hotels, and higher education.
- Work directly with architects, owners and contractors.
- Write engineering proposals and negotiate engineering contracts.
- Perform structural analysis and design for all aspects of building structures.
- Lead a team of structural engineers, technicians and designers for all phases of commercial building design projects including: drawing and specification production, construction administration, site observations and building assessments.
- Train junior level engineers and perform independent reviews of drawings and calculations done by others.
- BSCE with structural concentration from an ABET-accredited engineering program required (MSCE preferred).
- PE license required with the ability to obtain multiple state licenses through comity. 10+ years of structural engineering design and construction administration experience in commercial building construction.
- Proven leadership of a team of engineers with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Knowledge of field investigation methods for the evaluation of new and existing structures.
- Experienced in all aspects of commercial building design including steel, wood, masonry and concrete structures.
- Proficiency with structural analysis software such as RAM, RISA and similar programs.
- Working experience with AutoCAD and REVIT. Ability to effectively establish and maintain relationships with clients.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with adaptive reuse and historic preservation of existing buildings is a plus.
- Join a firm where your skills, insight and hard work will be both valued and impactful.
Learn more about our firm at www.basedesigngroup.com.
Submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call. We cannot wait to see how you can help us grow!
posted June 11, 2020
No Further Listings
Post your company’s employment opportunities on the SEAM website! Employment ads should be no more than 200 words. Small images may be included. Some restrictions apply. Ads are free for members and $35/month for non-members. Please contact us to post an employment listing.