SEAM will be hosting an evening seminar presented by Eric Apolenis from Coffman Engineers, based in Atlanta Georgia. The presentation will cover structural fire protection design as it pertains to 2018 codes and standards.
The presentation will consist of three main parts:
1. Prescriptive Structural Fire Protection Strategies
2. Changes in Structural Fire Engineering
3. Performance Based Design (PBD) Approaches for Structural Fire Protection
Included in the discussion will be relevant IBC and ASCE provisions for fire protection with background information on calculating fire resistance rating, types of construction, and fire and smoke protection features. A case study using performance based design will also be discussed.
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Eric Apolenis, P.E., Engineer, Fire Protection
Coffman Engineers, Atlanta
DiMillo’s On the Water
25 Long Wharf, Portland, ME 04101
Please park at the Wharf – it will be validated by the restaurant
1.5 PDH will be awarded, Diamond Approved
Note: NCSEA does not warrant that a course complies with the continuing education requirements in all jurisdictions
$50 for SEAM members, $70 for non-members
5:00 pm – 5:30 pm Registration/ Social
5:30 pm – 6:15 pm Dinner
6:15 pm – 7:45 pm Presentation
by Friday, April 6, 2018
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT MEALS
When you register online you will be given a choice of three meals (see detailed meal list below) – be sure to make a selection. If you don’t – we will choose for you!
• Grilled Vegetables over house made polenta served with garlic bread
• Maple Baked Haddock Fresh Filet of Haddock, topped with Seasoned Bread Crumbs and Maple Cream Sauce
• Black Angus Sirloin Steak 9 oz. Black Angus Steak served with bleu cheese and garlic butter and House made onion rings. Cooked Medium Rare to Medium Unless otherwise requested