Gregg Ritter of Clark Insurance will be leading a seminar on the Do’s and Don’ts of effective contract writing. This seminar will be useful even for engineers with standard contracts, as there are new recommendations for clauses as issues have arisen over the past few years. The program is designed to help you review client-developed agreements and to improve your contract negotiation skills. You will:
- Understand the general purpose of 25 different types of contract clauses or issues and the risks commonly associated with them.
- Be able to identify contract and negotiation solutions to these risks.
- Be able to recognize clauses that contain onerous language and those with acceptable wording.
- Learn to revise clauses to reflect a more equitable allocation of risk.
- Be better prepared to justify these modifications.
- Acquire strategies to provide alternative or additional language to protect yourself.
Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Gregg Ritter (Vice President, Senior Account Executive)
Gregg, a graduate of the University of Vermont and a resident of Portland, has distinguished himself in the area of professional liability for architects and engineers. He has more than 20 years in the industry and joined Clark in 2003. He serves as a VP of the agency as well as a Fiduciary of the Clark Insurance Employee Stock Ownership Trust.
***NOTE! HEADQUARTERS HAVE MOVED!
1945 Congress Street, Building A
Portland, Maine 04104
2.0 PDH will be awarded
XL Insurance Premium Credit
$40.00 for SEAM members
$60.00 for non-members
5:00 pm – 5:30 pm Registration/social time
5:30 pm – 6:15 pm Dinner
6:15 pm – 8:15 pm Seminar
by Friday, March 9, 2018
Teresa D. Price, P.E.