Current Employment Listings
Structural Engineer/Project Manager, Camden, Maine
Gartley & Dorsky Engineering & Surveying is seeking a motivated, team-oriented Structural Engineer/Project Manager for a full-time position starting immediately. Responsibilities include structural analysis, structural design, field inspections and associated reports, construction documents, construction administration, project management and other related tasks.
Candidates should have a PE license and experience managing structural engineering projects. Candidates should be versed in timber, steel and concrete design. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, RISA, Enercalc (or similar software) required. Experience with AutoCAD and Revit preferred. Excellent communication skills and organization required.
Gartley & Dorsky is a multidisciplinary engineering and surveying firm located in Camden, Maine. We offer comprehensive structural engineering services for residential, commercial, industrial and marine projects throughout midcoast Maine. Project size and type vary significantly. An ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once is necessary. For more information about Gartley & Dorsky, please visit www.gartleydorsky.com.
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Carmen Bombeke, PE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colby Company Engineering
Colby Company Engineering is a midsize engineering firm specializing in structural, mechanical, fire protection, controls, electrical, and civil engineering and architecture. Thirty employees strong, Colby Co. is noted for its commitment to technical and service excellence and a fun, flexible, rigorous work environment. Located in the vibrant small city of Portland, Maine, Colby Co. offers a balance of opportunities for working and living well.
We currently have an opening for a Structural Engineer with 5+ years of building and industrial experience in a consulting engineering design firm setting. We are looking for an engineer who can perform a broad range of structural engineering designs including the design of reinforced concrete, structural steel, masonry and wood framing systems. The successful candidate will bring a successful track record of design, coordination with multiple disciplines and construction administration. In addition to an outstanding technical skillset, s/he will be a quick, flexible thinker and problem-solver who is accustomed to working in fluid teams on tight deadlines.
This position is a part of the Structural Engineering Department which is comprised of structural engineers and designers. Additionally, Colby Co. offers mechanical, fire protection, controls, electrical, structural, civil engineering and architecture with our in-house staff. You may have the opportunity to lead multidisciplinary design teams as many of our projects encompass more than one discipline. Projects range in size from $50,000 to $20M in construction value for State, Federal, Industrial and Commercial clients.
• Experience with the design of reinforced concrete, structural steel, masonry and wood framing systems
• Experience in power and/or the heavy industrial fields a plus
• Experience with RISA 3D, STADD and/or other structural analysis software
• Proficiency in AutoCAD
• PE License considered a plus, but not required
In addition to our insurance and retirement benefits package, Colby Co. offers two paid volunteer days a year, paid educational reimbursement, summer hours, paid time off (PTO), flex time, educational company outings and great co-workers.
Colby Co.’s office is located in the heart of downtown Portland, Maine. With a metro area of 500,000, Portland offers a wide variety of professional opportunities, cultural activities and outdoor events in an accessible and affordable setting. Portland has recently been recognized by a number of national publications for its unique character and quality of life:
• #1 Most Livable City: Forbes 2009
• #8 Best Restaurant Metro Area in the US: Huffington Post 2013
• #10 Healthiest City for Women: Women’s Health Magazine 2013
• #1 Best City in the US for Your Second Act: Kiplinger Personal Finance Magazine 2012
• #3 Best City in the US for Families: Parenting Magazine 2012
• #7 Greenest City: Travel and Leisure 2012
• #6 Best City for Job Prospects: 2012
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Colby Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Creating Lasting Connections
Stantec is seeking bridge engineers to join our growing team of transportation professionals servicing state, toll authority, and municipal clients throughout New England. Key responsibilities include: contributing to quality designs and contract documents; mentoring staff; supporting client management and business development; and delivering technical presentations. Ideal candidates will have the ability to advance into team leadership and project management. Grow your career while enjoying the quality of life in Scarborough—part of Maine’s largest scenic, cultural, and recreational metropolitan area.
Design with community in mind
Stantec Consulting Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Phone: (207) 887-3466
Senior Supervising Structural Engineer
WSP and Parsons Brinckerhoff have combined and are now one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are based in more than 500 offices across 39 countries worldwide.
Parsons Brinckerhoff is seeking a Sr. Supervising Structural Engineer to work in our Eliot, ME Office. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the structural design of bridge project assignments in Maine; coordinating with the Manchester, NH office to assist on projects in NH, VT, and MA, as well as developing new business and serving as a Client Manager for major Maine clients.
• A minimum of 15 years of experience, with progressively responsible technical work, and Project Management experience.
• Experience in Maine DOT bridge projects
• Knowledge of pre-stressed concrete bridge design and steel bridge design.
• Strong, positive working relationship with Maine DOT and/or other New England DOT staff.
• Experience Accelerated Bridge Construction (ABC) and with design-build projects is preferred.
• Successful project management experience.
• Focus on providing quality deliverables and maintaining positive client relationships.
• Ability to immediately, legally work in the US is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
• Masters in Structural engineering is preferred.
• 15 years in Bridge Design, Load Rating and Rehabilitation
• Experience in bridge inspection is a plus
• Relocation Available: No
• Required Skills: Word, Excel, MathCAD, STAAD, STRUDL, Merlin-Dash, DESCUS1 or equivalent.
This is an exciting opportunity to assist in the growth of Maine and NE operations, and assist in major New England project work for one of the largest engineering and design consulting firms in the country!
For a more detailed job description, please visit www.pbworld.com and visit our Career Center. Please reference Job ID 28332.
EOE – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
No Further Listings
Post your company’s employment opportunities on the SEAM website! Employment ads should be no more than 200 words. Small images may be included. Some restrictions apply. Ads are free for members and $35/month for non-members. Please contact us to post an employment listing.