Welcome to the home page of the Structural Engineers Association of Maine (SEAM).
The Structural Engineers Association of Maine (SEAM) was formed in 1991 to promote the professional growth of structural engineers practicing in Maine. As stated in the By-laws of the Association:
- To advance the technical practice of structural engineers through meetings, seminars, and educational programs.
- To improve the professional, business and administrative practice of structural engineering firms.
- To advance proper legislation affecting structural engineering practice.
- To establish a network among the members of the Association to communicate information of common interests to structural engineers.
- To cultivate social contacts within its membership, and by closer association and a better mutual understanding, discourage unethical and detrimental practice, and inspirit a resolve to act collectively to benefit our profession.
- To serve the public, to encourage the pursuit of excellence in our practice, and to maintain the honor and dignity of our profession.
- To serve as spokesman to the public on matters of structural engineering.